Job Classification: Full-time Non-Exempt – Database Manager and Gift Processor
Position Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Works closely with: Development Staff and Finance Staff
The Database Manager and Gift Processor ensures that the SBCC Foundation has the most up-to-date and accurate information available at all times in service of its mission. Primary areas of responsibility include the performance, integrity, and security of the Raiser’s Edge database, gift processing, and special project support for all departments.
The SBCC Foundation has provided Santa Barbara City College with private philanthropic support since 1976, serving as the vehicle through which individuals and organizations may invest in the college and its students. The Foundation provides more than $5 million annually for student success programs, scholarships, book grants, and other critical needs of the college in order to support SBCC students as they prepare for careers, transfer to four-year universities, and pursue lifelong learning goals.
- Maintain database of donors, prospects, and other relevant populations regarding gifts and pledges, correspondence, biographical information, research, and relationships, with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data.
- Manage the donor database in a manner that ensures protocols for entering and maintaining information are followed.
- Perform timely gift entry and data processing.
- Run statistical, financial, and constituent reports responsive to the needs of staff.
- Assist in preparing lists (mailing, prospect, etc.) as needed by staff, board, and volunteers.
- Maintain documentation (User Manual) for data processing from entry to reports, including current lists of fields, codes, etc.
- Maintain non-donor constituent lists in the database, including government officials, estate attorneys/professionals, and media.
- Manage credit card processing.
- Serve as the liaison for donor database software provider (s), any external database support companies, and work closely with external IT consultant to ensure currency of database needs.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure appropriate, personalized, and timely gift acknowledgment to donors.
- Generate pledge payment reminders, and other donor communications, as needed.
- In concert with Foundation staff, regularly review and update policy guidelines for creating and maintaining database records on donors, prospects, and other constituents.
- Respond to requests for information regarding donor recognition opportunities or requests for gift history, direct mail, invitations, etc.
- Process all sponsorships and ticket sales for events.
Support the organization in successfully achieving fundraising goals by assisting with:
- Segregating and compiling mailing lists.
- Preparing and producing merged letters (appeals, acknowledgement, etc.).
- Preparing financial and donor reports as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably within the nonprofit organization environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, and in developing reports using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge (preferable) or similar database software.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and database software (preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge).
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), and organizational abilities.
- Strong records management skills. Detail-oriented and ability to establish priorities and work efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work concurrently on diverse projects under pressure and to maintain high standards for accuracy, productivity and confidentiality.
- After hours and weekend work may be required on occasion.
This job description does not list all the duties of the position. Other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by management, may be required. Performance evaluations will use the contents of this job description as a basis for appraisal.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Open until filled
References will be required at a later date.
Author: Jen LeMay