Job Classification: Full-time Non-Exempt
Gift Processor and Database Manager
Position Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Works closely with: Chief Development Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Director of Marketing and Communications, Visionary Circle Director, Development Staff and Finance Staff
The Gift Processor and Database Manager is an integral part of the SBCC Foundation’s mission to develop philanthropic support to assist the College in providing accessible educational programs that assure academic and vocational excellence for the students of Santa Barbara City College. Primary areas of responsibility include database management, gift processing, and special project support for all departments.
- Maintain database of donors, prospects, and other relevant populations regarding gifts and pledges, correspondence, bio, research, relationships, etc.
- Manage the donor database ensuring protocols for entering and maintaining information are followed.
- Perform timely gift entry and data processing in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Run statistical, financial, and constituent reports responsive to the needs of staff and Board.
- Assist in preparing lists (mailing, prospect, etc.) as needed by staff, Board, and volunteers.
- Maintain documentation (User Manual) for data processing from entry to reports, including current lists of fields, codes, etc.
- Maintain non-donor constituent lists in the database, i.e., government officials, estate attorneys/professionals, media, etc.
- Serve as the liaison for donor database software provider (s), any external database support companies, and work closely with external IT consultant to ensure currency of database needs.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure appropriate, personalized, and timely gift acknowledgment to donor.
- Generate targeted acknowledgement letters, campaign-related pledge payment reminders, and other donor communications.
- In concert with Foundation staff, review and maintain policy guidelines for creating and maintaining database records on donors, prospects, and other constituents.
- Respond to requests for information regarding donor recognition opportunities or requests for gift history, direct mail, invitations, etc.
Support the organization in successfully achieving our fundraising goal by assisting with:
- segregating and compiling mailing lists
- preparing and producing merged letters
- preparing financial / donor reports as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably within the nonprofit organization environment.
- Experience in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, and in developing reports using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge (preferable) or similar database software.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and database software (preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge).
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), and organizational abilities.
- Strong records management skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to establish priorities and work efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work concurrently on diverse projects under pressure and to maintain high standards for accuracy, productivity and confidentiality.
- After hours and weekend work may be required on occasion.
This job description does not list all the duties of the position. Other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by management, may be required. Performance evaluations will use the contents of this job description as a basis for appraisal.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
or send by email to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Open until filled
References will be required at a later date.
Author: Jen LeMay