The SBCC Foundation is hiring! The SBCC Promise Manager leads the coordination and implementation of the SBCC Promise.
Job Classification: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Works closely with: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Development Officer, and other members of the Foundation staff, SBCC Financial Aid Office, and various campus departments.
The SBCC Promise was created by the SBCC Foundation in 2016 and is a national leader in the College Promise movement, providing two full years of support (tuition, fees, books, and supplies) to qualifying local students. Complete details on qualifications and a program description are available at SBCCPromise.org.
The SBCC Foundation has provided Santa Barbara City College with private philanthropic support since 1976, serving as the vehicle through which individuals and organizations may invest in the college and its students. The Foundation provides more than $5 million annually for student success programs, scholarships, book grants, and other critical needs of the college in order to support SBCC students as they prepare for careers, transfer to four-year universities, and pursue lifelong learning goals.
The SBCC Promise Manager is responsible for all aspects of the efficient and effective functioning of the SBCC Promise. The position establishes and manages relationships with SBCC departments and programs that directly affect the SBCC Promise. The SBCC Promise Manager maintains close working relationships with community-based organizations and public and private schools, and leads outreach efforts to increase knowledge of and participation in the SBCC Promise. The SBCC Promise Manager conducts regular review and analysis of the SBCC Promise with research partners in order to inform its growth and evolution. This position provides training and oversight of a Promise Assistant in performing administrative tasks and communicating important deadlines and requirements to SBCC Promise participants.
- Lead the coordination and implementation of the SBCC Promise.
- Assist the Foundation and the college in the planning for all aspects of the SBCC Promise.
- Represent the SBCC Foundation and the SBCC Promise to internal and external constituencies.
- Manage the SBCC Promise budget, including records of expenditures; serve as a cost center manager; submit payment requests to the SBCC Foundation finance department as needed.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the implementation team as well as with K-12 community groups, school partners, counselors, students, and parents (as applicable).
- Conduct on-going analysis of SBCC Promise processes to identify opportunities for policy or procedural improvements.
- Make recommendations to help ensure the program is cutting-edge and continues to meet the needs of SBCC Promise participants, the SBCC Foundation, and SBCC.
- Communicate with students and advisors to resolve issues.
- Manage the SBCC Promise petition process.
- Monitor the SBCC Promise email aliases and website, keeping FAQs and SBCC Promise operational and policy guidelines current.
- Verify eligibility status for all SBCC Promise participants.
- Collaborate with Student Services (Admissions, Enrollment Services/Outreach, Student Finance, Financial Aid, Academic Counseling, Career Center, etc.) to ensure coordinated delivery of services for all SBCC Promise participants, particularly during registration periods.
- Plan, develop, and execute engagement strategies for SBCC Promise participants, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to gain support and understanding of the SBCC Promise.
- Conduct end-of-term and end-of-academic year analyses to assess and track continuing eligibility status of participants.
- Update Financial Aid Office regarding student records as needed.
- Prepare reports on status of SBCC Promise and its overall performance, providing data on student participation levels, sourcing high schools, retention and completion statistics, application/eligibility trends, and program costs.
- Provide data and general information needed by CEO in developing presentations/trainings.
- Develop and conduct presentations and trainings to schools, community based organizations, and other community groups and partners. Support college outreach efforts as needed. • Maintain outreach log.
- Train, manage, and supervise SBCC Promise Assistant.
- Stay abreast of national, state, and local trends affecting Promise programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with all foundation colleagues, SBCC administrators, faculty and staff.
- Availability for evening and weekend work.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, take initiative, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with high school and/or college students.
- Strong working knowledge of financial aid processes.
- Creative, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Superior analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Familiarity with data gathering and research methods.
- Must be familiar with word processing, database, and spreadsheet software; facility with Raiser’s Edge and student reporting programs such as Banner and Argos a plus. Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to follow oral and written direction.
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets.
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy related to storing and sharing student information.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Non-profit development/donor relations experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Current auto insurance is required if driving on organizational business.
This job description does not list all the duties of the position. Other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by management, may be required. Performance evaluations will use the contents of this job description as a basis for appraisal.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com No phone calls, please.
Open until filled.
Competitive compensation package offered.
References will be required at a later date.