The SBCC Promise offers any recent local high school graduate the opportunity to attend Santa Barbara City College by covering all required fees, books, and supplies for up to two years.
Eligibility Appeal Policy
The SBCC Promise Eligibility Appeal is available for students who did not complete eligibility requirements or have a special circumstance beyond their control. This appeal is used to evaluate an exception of SBCC Promise eligibility guidelines. Appeals are reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Students must complete and submit an appeal by the end of the semester to be considered for review. This process may take 2-3 weeks to complete.
Special circumstances are verified cases of illness, accident or other circumstances beyond the student’s control. Below is a list of circumstances we typically review:
- You enrolled at SBCC after your first year from high school graduation or equivalent.
- You completed high school with an online school, homeschool, GED, or CHSPE.
- You attended another college or university your first year after high school graduation or equivalent.
- You enrolled full-time after the term deadline.
- You participated in academic counseling after the deadline.
- You submitted a financial aid application after the deadline.
- You experienced a leave of absence due to illness or other circumstances.
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.